Local Development Strategies – Programme for Local Self Government and Economic Development
Bosnia and Herzegovina
University for Business Engineering and Management – The Law Faculty in Lukavica
GIZ-Deutche Gesellschaft fur
September 2018 –December 2018
Project Goals and Outcomes
The EU co-financed Action “Local Development Strategies” (the Action) has the objective to strengthen BiH capacity for generating growth and employment through support to competitiveness and innovation. The specific objective of the project is to support BiH private sector development with a focus on export-oriented, agro-rural and tourism sectors, as well as on enhancing the operational environment for MSMEs including the development of local digital entrepreneurship.
The Project envisages three inter-related results:
1. MSMEs performance is increased due to better access and availability of well-targeted measures and innovative business development services in competitive export-oriented sectors;
2. The business environment for the development of new businesses and support to existing ones is improved;
3. Entrepreneurial initiatives in tourism and rural value chains for income and employment generation are increased.
The Project will be based on a two-pronged approach, namely a Grant Fund Facility (GFF) complemented by Technical Assistance (TA). Both GFF and TA will be focused on the following three priority areas of intervention:
1. Export-oriented sectors;
3. Agri-food and rural development.
• Analysis of the sectors
• Analysis of the targeted export markets
• Statistical analysis of the sectors and anticipation of trend
• Interviews with SMEs
• Definition of the most relevant focus fields and possible interventions for support to export-oriented SMEs in innovative approaches together
Local self-government and economic development