The Faculty of Law in Lukavica has developed a Sector Study on innovative capacities and potentials of companies which is one of the activities of the EU4Business project, whose main goal is to increase the competitiveness and innovation of the economy in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The project is funded by the European Union (€ 15 million) and the Federal Republic of Germany (€ 1.1 million), implemented by GIZ, UNDP and ILO in cooperation with domestic institutions. EU4Business is a project that supports the development of the private sector in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Direct beneficiaries of financial support are domestic companies, farmers and entrepreneurs. Also, the project contributes to the reform processes in B&H and the creation of better business environment.
This project is a continuation of support to the development of the private sector in B&H and the provision of concrete assistance to small and medium-sized enterprises, farmers and young people who want to start their own businesses. GIZ conducts a part of the EU4Business project aimed at supporting development in export-oriented sectors, with the intention of introducing innovations, improving innovation capacities and digitizing firms – in order to increase their competitiveness in domestic and foreign markets.
The funding priorities are based on the analysis of the Sector Study on innovative capacities and potentials of the firm developed by our Faculty. The Sector Study, as part of the technical support provided by the project, identifies the most relevant needs among the companies.
Having in mind the facts mentioned above, the Public Invitation for submission of project proposals for partnerships in the field of export-oriented sectors was published on the portal: www.eu4business.ba
The € 3 million grant is available for projects that encourage:
- Innovation: the ability to add value to products/services through new approaches;
- Collaboration: to join efforts of sector stakeholders within business networks, clusters…
- Digitalization: use of information and communication technologies (ICT)
- Business environment: the availability of business development services dealing with the above topics (innovation, cooperation, digitization).
Final beneficiaries: Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and entrepreneurs.
The results of the implemented projects will be measured:
- Increasing the number of new jobs, with a special focus on women and young people;
- Increasing exports with supported SMEs;
- New business development services, and their use by end-users;
- Removing barriers to innovation and growth.